Hospice Care for Buffalo, Amherst, Tonawanda, Cheektowaga, Clarence, NY; and All of WNY
Beechwood Homes and Hospice Buffalo have partnered together to create the Hospice Wells House, a unique setting for hospice care that traditionally has been provided in the home. Through this unique partnership, we can create a plan of care addressing not only your loved one’s medical care, but also the individualized emotional and spiritual support so important to residents and their families during this difficult time. Hospice Wells House provides the compassionate and professional care that has been the hallmark of Beechwood and Hospice for decades. Together we provide hospice and palliative (comfort-oriented) care to individuals facing an end of life journey with their families.
Our 24-Hour Senior Care Services and Amenities
- 22 private rooms with bathrooms
- 24-hour nursing and professional support staffing
- Hospice Wells House offers a warm and inviting household for both residents and families including a dining room, living room with fireplace as well as a four season sun room
- Full range of hospice personnel including hospice physician consultant, nurses, medical social workers, chaplains, and bereavement counselors
- Hospice residents and families are encouraged to enjoy Beechwood’s lovely amenities including a private family dining room, sunny atrium, bistro, library and cozy main lounge
- Peaceful outdoor campus of walkways, ponds and gardens as well as recreational, music and cultural programs
Admission to hospice is based on a physician’s clinical judgment that hospice care would be appropriate for a patient, given the expected course of an illness. Additional information regarding the eligibility requirements for hospice can be obtained at HospiceBuffalo.com. Admission is appropriate when:
- A person lives alone and is no longer able to feed or dress themselves
- A person’s caregiver is physically or economically unable to provide care at home
- A person lives in an unstable or unsafe home
- A person does not have the adequate family support
Our care team focuses on assuring comfort by relieving pain and controlling symptoms 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants provide around-the-clock care to residents. A physician with expertise in hospice and palliative care medicine oversees each resident’s medical care.
Contact Our Assisted Living Facility to Learn More
At Beechwood Continuing Care, our continuing care community offers a full range of amenities, hospice care, and assisted living services in addition to our warm and inviting senior living apartments. Based in Getzville, NY; our campus is proud to welcome seniors throughout Buffalo, Tonawanda, Williamsville, Amherst, Kenmore, Cheektowaga, Clarence, NY, and the surrounding WNY areas.
To learn more about our hospice care partnership or 24-hour senior care services - we welcome you to contact us today.